Frequently asked Questions
INDEPENDENDENT MARINE SYSTEMS
Infrared Thermal Imaging
IMS has offered Infrared Thermal Imaging for since 2001. Please go to www.infraredboat.com for more information
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is your Fee structure?
- When do I get a report?
- What is in the report?
- Do you inspect vessels constructed of wood?
- What is a thermal infrared inspection ?
- What is a UT inspection?
What is your Fee Structure?
- For each vessel the fees are different. We charge a daily rate. The amount of time it takes to inspect the vessel depends on many things including the type and build of the vessel and how many systems and how complicated they are. We encourage you to share as much information about the vessel and the condition it is in. We then issue you a cost estimate for your approval. After your approval a deposit of half of the estimate is taken by credit card to confirm the inspection.
- The report writing usually take the same amount of time that you spend during the inspection. The report comes to you shortly after the inspection.
- Each report is custom made for each vessel. The report contains an evaluation of all systems and components of the vessel including recommendations and noted areas of concern.
Do you inspect vessels constructed of wood?
- We specialize in composite built vessels. Cold molded vessels fall into our specialty
- Thermography or Infrared or IR is a nondestructive technique to inspect a vessel. We our the leading Marine Thermographers in North America and Europe. Please see our website infraredboat.com for more Information. This type of inspection is complete and separate from any other survey you may order.
- UT or ultrasonic technology is a nondestructive test used for metal and composites. Please see our website ultrasonicboat.com for more information.